The Ubud Monkey Forest Bali as an important spiritual, economic, educational, and conservation center for the village. Ubud Monkey Forest Bali is a nature Sanctuary located in Ubud Bali. And the full name is the Mandala Wisata Wenara Wana ( Monkey Forest Sanctuary ) in Padangtegal. And is the home of hundreds of monkeys (Macaca fascicularis).
The Ubud Monkey Forest Bali as an important spiritual, economic, educational, and conservation center for the village. In addition, you also can see 186 species of trees in 12.5 hectares of forest. Where will allowing you to get an abundant of fresh air.
With in a strategic location, precisely in the heart of Ubud village. Ubud Monkey Forest Bali is a small rainforest inhabited by several groups of monkeys and other tropical animals. By the local community, this forest is always naturally maintained so that all wild animals can live smoothly.
|Maybe interest with Package ” Full-Day Ayung River Rafting and Ubud Monkey Forest Tour >>|
Location of Ubud Monkey Forest Bali
Located south of the city center, precisely on the main road ‘Jalan Monkey Forest, Padangtegal, Ubud. This Sanctuary can be reached by many sides apart from the center of Ubud. Among of them, the eastern corner of Ubud and from the southern area of Ubud. The distance from Kuta is around 55 km, from Sanur about 40 km, and from the Nusa Dua area about 65 km.
In 2011, around 605 crab-eating monkeys (Macaca fascicularis) lived in Ubud Monkey Forest. They are known locally as long-tailed monkeys of Bali. Every three times a day, the staff on duty in the garden feed sweet potatoes, papaya, corn, cucumber and other local fruits. However, for the sake of monkey health. The visitors are prohibited from giving them snacks such as nuts, cakes, biscuits and bread.
Find three holy temples built in 1350 in this forest.
The Monkey Forest Ubud has 3 temples in it, namely Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal, Holy Spring Temple and Prajapati Temple.
- Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal (Padangtegal Temple of Death). Also known as the Main Temple. Located in the southwest part of the park. This temple is used to worship god Hyang Widhi in the personification of Shiva ( Recycler or Transformer ).
- Pura Beji or Beji Temple. Lacation in the northwest part of the park. Is used for the worship of Hyang Widhi in the personification of the goddess Ganges. The “Holy Spring” bathhouse, a place for spiritual and physical cleansing and purification before religious ceremonies.
- Prajapati Temple, or Prajapati Temple. Located in the northeastern part of the park. Is used to worship Hyang Widhi as the personification of Prajapati. A grave adjacent to this temple receives the bodies of the deceased to be temporarily buried. While they are waiting for a mass cremation ceremony, which is held every five years.
The temples play an important role in the spiritual life of the local community. And monkeys and mythology are important in the Balinese art tradition. The Monkey Forest area is purified by the local community. And some parts are not open to the public. The sacred areas of the temples are closed to everyone except those who want to pray and wear the right Balinese prayer clothes.
Find Other place of interest Near by Ubud monkey forest
Some tips that must be known before visiting this place:
- Don’t wear or carry earrings, scarves, glasses. If you want photos, always hold your camera or cellphone tightly. Because, these items will attract interest from the monkeys for their capture.
- Walk on the road that has been provided, do not pass the area that has been provided. this will make the apes aggressive, because monkeys think you are entering their area.
- Don’t beat or hurt monkeys, this will make other monkeys attack you.
- Don’t look at the faces of monkeys. Because they will think they are in danger, they will most likely attack you.
- For the sake of monkey health. Therefore, visitors are prohibited from giving them snacks such as nuts, cakes, biscuits and bread.
How to Get here ?
To reach Ubud Monkey Forest Bali, you can use a motor bike, a car with his own driver, and Rent a car with driver. Because the path to the location is somewhat winding and confusing. So that way, we suggest you take a Bali Private transport with driver .
Or take a one-day tour package by entering Ubud Monkey Forest Bali as one of the scheduled places to visit, such as the Ubud Monkey Forest Tour package.